Monday, September 3, 2007

First Day in Paris

Bonjour! I just finished my first day here in good old Paris and thought it would be a good place to start for my online journal.

Today we started with our orientation activities to learn about the city and our schedules for the next few months. We had lunch on Le Champ de Mars right next to the Eiffel Tower and later went on a boat tour down La Seine. It was incredible to see all the sights and monuments I have been studying in books since 7th grade! From le Tour Eiffel to le Louvre to Notre Dame, those of you who have been to Paris can attest to its beauty and grandeur. All the stone facade buildings look straight out of the 17th or 18th century (which many are) and most have a great history behind them. Later on we found une brasserie (pub) by the Eiffel Tower and just sat and drank a bottle of wine while enjoying the atmosphere. And so the adventure begins...

Check out the pictures from today on my Webshots account at http://community.webshots.com/user/jmcg7314. Here is a sample of some of the sights to view...




Stay tuned for our trip to Versailles later this week!

I've decided to end each post with a thought-provoking travel quote of the moment, so today I leave you with these words of wisdom.

"The voyage of discovery lies not in finding new landscapes, but in having new eyes." -Marcel Proust

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you made it in one piece after your 12 hour layover! Please think of me while I am working the streets of Baltimore City tomorrow while you are enjoying your new life in Paris. Don't do anything I wouldn't do...in other words go nuts and have a blast!

Unknown said...

Hello Honey. Hope you are having a great time. Trying to get into the BLOG site with little success!

Mom