Monday, September 10, 2007

While not at Versailles...

I just realized that I completely forgot to tell everyone about my homestay! Myself and another Wake guy are staying with a single woman named Marie-France Pauvert. Marie-France is probably the coolest person I could have been placed with! She is showing us the ropes of life in Paris and is always willing to help us out if need be. She doesn't speak that much English, which is going to be great for my French skills. She's also got the coolest dog ever named Prime, after and American company that her son worked for.

Once a week we eat dinner with her and any friends she invites over. Her cooking is awesome (not to rival yours of course, mom) and she always prepares a traditional four course dinner. In France, dinner consists of an aperatif (before dinner drink and apetizer), the entree, cheese and bread, and the dessert. Last night, she invited her best friend and son over so that was a great chance to speak more French. Her friend is a high school teacher so she was great with correcting our mistakes and helping us along. One thing about the Parisians, if they want to they can speak soooo fast!

I'll leave you guys with some pictures of the apartment and it's residents for your enjoyment.

A bientot!



"I sought trains; I found passengers." -Paul Theroux

No comments: